Quest for a Novel

A funny thing happened on my way to writing a novel. I heard about a novel-writing challenge and decided, what the heck, it might be fun. And it would be interesting to see if I could actually write a novel in a month. Turns out I could... and NOVEL QUEST: A 30-DAY NOVEL-WRITING ADVENTURE happened.

I named my main character Mocha Latte for my month-long, novel-writing adventure because I love coffee and it seemed like a good idea at the time. I was planning to write a novel about a kahuna quest, but Mocha had other plans. 

I had no idea Mocha would turn out to be quite a character who decided to write a novel about writers writing a 50,000-word novel in a month, but that's what happens when you set your imagination free and play with the magic of words. 

Then Mocha started whispering in my ear that it might be fun to write a "how-to" for writers who are writing a 50,000-word novel in a month, and Novel Writer's Survival Guide: How to Write a 50,000-Word Novel in a Month... and Live to Tell the Tale was born.

This book became the 30-Day Novel Series, just in case writers wanted to focus on creating a blueprint for their novels, or they wanted to know how to survive a 30-day novel-writing adventure, or they were worried they might starve during their month-long novel journey.

You'll also find writerly words of wisdom sprinkled throughout the book, as well as a magical word fairy running through the pages.

Offers a lighthearted guide for writers. You're invited on a magical novel-writing adventure... Journey through the magic of words that sparkle and shimmer with light as they dance through your imagination and come to life on the pages of your novel.

No comments: